Dallas is the third largest city in the Lone Star State and equally dangerous due to how many car accidents happen on its roads and highways. In 2015, the Texas Department of Transportation reported more than 31,000 crashes in Dallas. Many of those crashes forever changed the lives of those involved. If you or your loved one was hurt or killed in a car accident in Dallas, you may be entitled to compensation. A trusted Dallas car accident lawyer will be able to use his or her expertise to fight for the settlement you or your loved ones need.
Dallas Car Accidents
Driving on one of Dallas’s many busy roads and highways can be dangerous. Even if your driving record is spotless, you may find yourself involved in an accident because of the carelessness of another driver. In 2015, the Texas Department of Transportation reported Dallas experienced:
- 154 fatal crashes
- 173 fatalities
- 761 incapacitating crashes
- 891 incapacitating injuries
- 3,327 non-incapacitating crashes
- 4,440 non-incapacitating injuries
- 6,918 possible injury crashes
- 12,047 possible injuries
- 17,984 non-injury crashes
- 58,217 non-injuries
- 1,950 unknown severity crashes
- 8,364 unknown injuries
Common Causes of Crashes in Texas
Accidents can happen out of nowhere. All it takes is another driver’s inattentiveness for a serious accident to occur that could leave you injured or killed. Dallas drivers spend 26 minutes commuting to work each day on average. While serious wrecks can happen anytime, the Texas Department of Transportation reported the following causes of accidents as the most common statewide:
- Failed to Control Speed: 136, 383 total crashes
- Driver Inattention: 94, 876 total crashes
- Failed to Drive in Single Lane: 36,238 total crashes
- Changed Lane When Unsafe: 34,157 total crashes
- Failed to Yield Row – Turning Left: 30,741 total crashes
Dallas Car Accident Trauma
Serious car wrecks often ruin more than your vehicle’s exterior. Your health, mental well-being and everyday life could be at stake.
Car accidents can result in painful injuries including broken bones, brain and spinal cord damage and paralysis. These injuries can change the rest of your life, simply from being involved in a car wreck.
The painful injuries you’ve endured from a car accident can also lead to significant emotional pain. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may wonder if you will ever be able to enjoy some of your favorite activities again.
Your car is the first line of defense in an accident. Serious car wrecks can ruin the property value of your vehicle. Sometimes you can be left stranded without a rental.
Call a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
After an accident, your life can feel forever changed. You may feel like a professional patient. You may be experiencing unending grief after losing a loved one. You’ve probably faced many big decisions that you weren’t ever anticipating. Take the next step with someone who’s walked alongside others in your situation before. Call us for a for a free consultation with an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer who can answer any questions you might have. If you or your loved ones are feeling overwhelmed by medical bills, lost wages and emotions that can come with an auto accident injury, having a Dallas car accident lawyer working for you can help to ease your burdens.
Make Dallas Safer
Even if you are a safe driver, you are still at risk of being involved in a serious car wreck that could leave you or your loved ones injured or dead. If you were injured because of another driver’s poor judgement, you are entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. A lawsuit can make careless, drunk, hit and run and uninsured drivers pay for your physical and mental suffering. The lawsuit can help to make Dallas’s roads safer for you, your loved ones and other drivers.
Latest Car Accident News
- Man Convicted of Murder in Series of Houston Car Accidents
- Fatal Car Accident Leads to Multiple Alcohol Charges
- Texas Car Accident Reveals Body Shop Error, Leads to $42 Million For Victims
- Serving Alcohol to Minors Blamed in Fatal Houston Car Accident
- Family Awarded $12 Million Following Fatal Car Accident Caused by Fractured Toyota Axle
- Dallas Car Accident Leaves FedEx Driver Dead
- One Person Killed in 100 MPH Houston Car Accident
- Rear End Car Accident in Dallas Claims Lives of Mother and Infant
- Man Killed in Bizarre Houston Car Accident on Interstate 45
- Drunk Driving Charged and Auto Manufacturer Sued in Houston Car Accident That Killed 8-Year-Old Child