Every cyclist has his or her war stories: the close call with the tractor trailer, the car that didn’t see you until it was almost too late, dangerous intersections to avoid at all costs. Sometimes the stories don’t end as well. Riding your bike with traffic can be quite risky. About 45,000 cyclists were injured in accidents in the U.S. in 2015. If you or your loved one were hurt or killed in a cycling accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contacting a bicycle accident lawyer can help you get the financial relief you need while coping with your pain.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
While there are many factors that contribute to a bicycle collision, nearly all deadly bicycle accidents are between bicycles and motorized vehicles. These accidents usually result from a driver’s lack of attention or failure to yield the right of way to a cyclist. Common bicycle accident scenarios include:
- Drivers turning right across a bicyclist’s lane
- Drivers turning left at an uncontrolled intersection
- The bicyclist or driver’s failure to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Passing on the right of either a vehicle or bicycle
- Opening a door into the cyclist’s path
- Poor road conditions like debris, construction, or poor pavement transitions.
Bicycle Accident Trauma
Bicycle accidents can easily turn catastrophic due to the lack of protection cyclists have while riding. When a bicycle comes head to head with a car, cyclists often bear the brunt of the trauma, and sustain serious injuries or are killed. Many of the injuries common to serious bicycle accidents can have lifelong impact. Head and neck injuries are particularly dangerous, as they can result in brain damage and paralysis. Other common injuries that occur with bike accidents include bone fractures, bone breaks, internal organ damage and road rash. Paying for ongoing medical treatment following a bicycle accident can come with severe emotional strife due to the pain and high cost of medical bills. Your progress may be hampered by the anxiety of wondering if you will ever be able to ride again. You should not have to finance your pain caused by another’s lack of judgement. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation your suffering deserves.
Ask a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Getting treatment for your injuries can be overwhelming, and the thought of pursuing a lawsuit may seem impossible. Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate a lawsuit alone. Call us today for a for a free consultation with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer who will be able to answer questions you might have regarding your case and the compensation you might be entitled to. Having a bicycle accident lawyer fighting for you can allow you to heal in peace. Your lawyer will be able to speed up your settlement that will help you finance your road to recovery. Healing from the injuries of a bicycle accident takes time. Having someone else help you can help you focus on what matters most: your health.
You Deserve a Higher Settlement
If you plan on handling your claim with the insurance company on your own, it is important to understand the insurance company’s motivations.To the insurance company, your accident is a part of business, and most insurance companies will want to pay out fast, so they aren’t responsible for your care if you discover your bicycle accident has caused long-term medical or disability issues. Don’t compromise your future for a speedy, minimal payout. Experienced bicycle accident lawyers know how to fight for all of your losses, while taking into account your long-term needs.Your bicycle accident changed your life. Don’t let insurance companies cheat you out of payment for your health needs.
Latest Bike Accident News
- Study Shows Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents Represent 65 Percent of Hit and Run Accidents
- Second Fatal Bicycle Accident Moves Texas Cycling Clubs to Action
- Bicycle Accident Claims Life of 24-Year-Old Pastry Chef in Philadelphia
- Bicycle Accident Claims the Life of Renowned Attorney
- Fatal Florida Bicycle Accident Caused by Garbage Truck Equipment
- Fatal Bicycle Accident in East Austin, Texas Blamed on Drunk Driving
- Bicycle Accident Victim is Renowned Safety Advocate
- Spinal Cord Injury Victim Receives Millions after Bicycle Accident Leaves Her Paralyzed