The truth is that the physicians and medical staff that we entrust with one of the most precious and important moments of our lives can make very serious, life-altering mistakes, and when that happens, you need the help of more than just medical experts.
You also need the help of experienced attorneys who can assist you with determining exactly what went wrong, who is to blame, and how you can make sure that they are held accountable for the grievous errors that have changed the course of your life and your baby’s life.
The birth injury lawyers at Danziger & De Llano have helped families pursue justice against careless medical practitioners for years, and we have the knowledge to take care of your case while treating you with the utmost care.
The Impact of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries are not momentary things — children who have been impacted by a birth injury have to deal with the after-effects for their entire life. Sometimes their condition requires constant medication or therapy, sometimes it leaves them unable to walk or speak, and in many cases the birth injury leaves a child unable to care for himself as an adult.
The medical costs associated with birth injuries can skyrocket with no clear end in sight, and these costs don’t even touch on the impact that the child’s condition has on the rest of the family’s quality of life or the crushed hopes and dreams of the parents. A birth injury to your child directly impacts the future of your entire family — and that’s why it is so important that the lawyer that you choose to represent you is one who not only understands your grief but is also fully competent to fight on behalf of your family to get the compensation that you need and deserve.
Types of Birth Injuries
Despite the fact that having a baby seems like the most natural thing in the world, there are a frightening number of things that can go wrong, particularly when the medical professionals involved are not up to the task, or negligent, or in some other way not behaving with the proper care and attention that is required. Some birth injuries are more common than others:
- Cerebral Palsy – Though this can occur as a result of something that happened during the pregnancy, it is often the result of oxygen not getting to the baby’s brain, and this is often due to a mistake being made during delivery. Cerebral Palsy can be mild or severe – at its most severe a child is unable to sit, walk or speak. It can impact muscle control, coordination, and cognitive ability.
- Erb’s Palsy – This condition is generally caused by injury during the birth process. It results in the child’s arm being paralyzed because of nerve damage.
In addition to injuries that are caused during the birth process, physicians or health care practitioners can also be responsible for problems caused by medications they have prescribed, lack of attention to signs of premature labor or preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and other conditions.
When Birth Injuries Happen
Unfortunately, birth injuries are an all-too-frequent occurrence. In fact, for every thousand or so births in the United States there are approximately seven birth injuries. Some are more serious than others, but that doesn’t change the fact that when they are the fault of carelessness, ineptitude or some other error on the part of the medical practitioner, the responsible party has to be held accountable for the result of their actions. They need to pay for any costs that you incur in trying to restore your child’s health or to provide the appropriate care for them, and they need to pay for any pain and suffering they have caused.
You had every right to expect that the medical professional who was responsible for you during your pregnancy and the team that assisted during your delivery and postnatally would be able to deal with any complications that came up. When your expectations have not been met and your child has paid the price in a birth defect that they have to live with for the rest of their lives, the birth defect lawyers at Danziger & De Llano can help. Call today for a free consultation with one of our compassionate, caring professionals.
Latest Birth Injury News
- Jury Awards 9-Year-Old $50 Million After Birth Injury Leads to Cerebral Palsy
- Lawsuit Filed Over Horrific Fatal Birth Injury
- Birth Injury Leads to $74 Million Jury Award
- Birth Injury Lawsuit Resolves With $15 Million Settlement
- Judge Finds Physician’s Negligence Led to Child’s Cerebral Palsy
- Birth Injury Results in Ohio Family Being Awarded $2.75 Million Verdict
- Chicago Family Awarded $23.1 Million Following Daughter’s Birth Injury
- Physician Ordered to Pay Family $47 Million Following Medical Malpractice Birth Injury
- Government Drops Appeal of $41.6 Million Birth Injury Verdict
- Medical Malpractice Case Leads to $40 Million Award for Birth Injury Victim