Food poisoning occurs when a person eats food that has been contaminated by a bacteria, virus, or toxin that causes illness. Often fecal matter contaminates the food. The most common types of bacteria that cause food poisoning are:
- E. coli
- Hepatitis A
Devastating Long Term Effects
Food poisoning can last a lifetime. When food safety regulations are not followed, contamination by bacteria such as salmonella and e. coli can become a serious health hazard for consumers.
Symptoms of food poisoning are gastrointestinal symptoms that can include diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. However, there are many instances in which a case of food poisoning can mean long-term, more serious issues, requiring hospitalization and extensive treatment.
- Kidney failure
- Chronic arthritis
- Brain and nerve damage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
48 million people suffer from some form of food poisoning every year and the Health and Human Services states that 3,000 people die each year from food poisoning related illness.
Are there Time Limits to File a Claim?
Yes! If you or your loved has had food poisoning or you are aware of a food recall you must act now to preserve your rights!
If you have been sickened by food poisoning you may be entitled to significant compensation. All cases are taken on a contingency which means if we don’t recover money for you do not pay for our service.
Well Known Food Recalls
- Bean Sprouts
- Blue Bell Ice Cream
- Death Wish Nitro Canned Coffee
- Peanut Butter
- Pet Food
- Soy Nut Butter
Latest Food Poisoning Recall News
- FDA Announces Greater Application of Mandatory Food Recall Power
- Number Reportedly Sickened By Food Poisoning Expected to Rise
- Lead in Curry Powder Leads to Nationwide Food Recall
- Food Poisoning Fears Lead to Recall of Popular 7-11 Snack Food
- Salads Sold in Texas 7-11 Stores Subject of Latest Food Recall
- Latest Food Recall Involves Ground Beef, Sirloin and Other Meat Items
- FDA Changes Its Approach to Food Recall Notices
- Multiple Food Poisoning Lawsuits Filed By Marine Recruits
- Food Recall Issued Over Popular Breakfast Sausage
- Publix Stores Recalls Ground Chuck In Response to E. Coli Fears